GRAPHIC DESIGNERS SYDNEY
Hopping Mad Designs is a Sydney based graphic design studio offering a complete and customised graphic design service to businesses and companies in Sydney, and around Australia.
Over 15 years of design experience means that we are able to work on any project you may have; from logos to branding, brand management, brochure, report, flyer, newsletter and even web design we can handle the lot. All on time and surprisingly affordable. Our studio is conveniently located in Sydney’s inner city of Darlinghurst so we are able to provide a graphic design service to local and Sydney wide businesses a companies. View our graphic design portfolio here.
What does Hopping Mad do differently to other graphic design studios?
We like to think that we offer a different design service to all the other agencies. We have outlined some of our points of difference in more detail fobelow
- Our graphic designers love to design! It's what we are here to do, and we relish any new graphic or web design projectthat is put our way.
- Our design team is all mid to senior level graphic designers, who have had years of industry experience. Our senior designers are responsible for the design output and creativity of all work which is has the tick of approval from the creative director. The creative director has to view and approve all artwork from concept stage to presentation before it can be sighted by the client.
- We do our design research prior to commencing any job. We pencil up design options and work on these in an illustrative manner before touching the computer. We go back to basics and our grass roots beginnings that artistic concepts need to be fleshed out on paper. Good old fashion design techniques are worked upon giving your logo, website, brand, packaging the design time that is deserves. Churning out design is not what we are about. Sure, in other design studios and other online cheap alternatives they are happy to use students or unqualified designers to work on your brand all at bargain basement prices. This is not in our make up. We respect your business and want to infuse our design skills to give you the very best that we possibly can. Hopping Mad’s design philosophy is in the conviction that great art and design will always have an impact on your business for the better. Evocative and creative concepts can have a huge impact on your client base or audience. The elusive magic that we try to create for your business is our creed,
- Every designer dreams of working with an unlimited budget and an open brief. Saying this some of the best workthat we have designed has actually been produced on a limited budget under strict corporate guidelines. Our designers still followed the golden rules of communicating a message through careful consideration of size, colour, imagery, typesetting and typography. But where Hopping Mad Designs stood out for the crowd was in our use of strong initial concepts and creativity. This is our strength and the advantage of using a design studio like us. Our aim is to stimulate the senses and push the design perimeter, creating truly memorable pieces of artwork.
- In this high-tech and digital age, the relentless march of technology has in many ways removed peoples idea of what is good graphic design. As one of Sydney’s oldest graphic design companies we want to get the most out of each piece we design. For us that means it must be relevant in the larger brand context, it needs to work with the company and speak to its audience on an emotional level. Our team of graphic designers are aware of this design sensitivity and invoke this empathy with each stroke of the pencil or move of the mouse.
- We understand that your brand is the foundation of your business and are keen to learn as much as possible about the company, its make up, its client base and design according to this. A lot of design studios will be happy to take a brief over the phone or via email but one of our points of difference is in the time we take to get an over all picture of your business. In some cases there can be many sides to the company and a bit like joining the dots we must bring all points together in a cohesive design piece that clearly articulates who you are through clever graphic design. Understanding your business model means that we are able to develop up a brand for you that will stand the test of time. With the foundations laid we are able to then build upon this and create all the other marketing and communication material that defines your business. We like to partner with you on your business journey and be there not only a a design resource but as a business sounding board where ideas can be thrown around and discussed. Because we have done the hard yards and know what it takes to stay afloat, we never leave you floundering or drowning in the deep end. Our breadth of knowledge and longevity in the print and digital world enables us to be that business life guard if you ever need it.
- Having one team of graphic designers especially in your city to administer and supervise all your communication material is vital for the success of your brand. You marketing material can be very divers and varied and its a great idea to have one design company do all this for you. Brochures, flyers, business stationery, banners, ads even social media ads need to all have a standard look and consistent feel. Letting Hopping Mad work on these for you will ensure that the focus and dedication we took to create your brand is not lost on all the other material. A great example of this is if you are looking to launch a new product line. As creators of your brand we know your business intimately and are able to leverage and utilise our pre-existing insights to develop up packaging thats inline with your style. Spreading your marketing material over many companies will only result in diluting the impact of your brand and the message you are trying to communicate. The public are not naive or shallow. They are being continually hit with advertising messages where ever they go and if your message does not cut right through then you will have wasted time and money. Empowering one design company like Hopping Mad to manage all your material means putting your trust in a team of graphic designers that will ensure that the power of your message is crystal clear.
Important things to ask your graphic designer
- If there is and any images used in the production of for example, an annual report, brochure or any other advertising material, who owns these images at the conclusion of the design project? Also, are these images rights managed or royalty free? Given that you have paid for these images your graphic designers Sydney should provide you with these images on disk for your keeping. If the images are rights managed then you should be made aware of this prior to buying them and know that there will be a licensing fee each time you use the photo. Be aware that images used for online purposes can incur a much lager fee than for print. If you did buy one of these images ask your design agency to give you all the paper work and intellectual property rights for these images.
- Am I allowed to come in for a face to face meeting for the first briefing session? If your designers wants to do things via email or phone this could lead to miscommunication so a in office meeting is a great idea to get the project on track. Design is quite subjective so if you can explain your thoughts and expectations by meeting your designer the outcome will be more inline with what you were wanting. This is why its best working with a team thats in your capital city.
- Do I get charged extra if I need to make a amend post design sign off ? Some studios will quote very low to get you in the front door but hit you hard for any iterations. They must be upfront with their hourly design fees if the job is costed in full.
- See how long they have been in business. You do not really want to trust your business with a start up that might close their doors or decide to pack up and go back packing for a year leaving you high and dry. Ideally, you should be looking at working with a company that has a solid history, that is financially sound and is able to provide you with a list of testimonials.The barrier to entry in this industry is quite low so you should be very astute about who the designers are and they kind of company they are working in. If you decide to work with a freelancer, note that they might be cheaper in the beginning but the pitfalls are many such as: not answerable to you, slow turn around times, working with other clients so they cant attend to your deadlines or just inexperienced in the ways of business and customer service. This can be the case with graduates straight out of university who know little about the real world and dealing with clients. Also, it might be a bit hard to know if the studio is financially sound but you can at least ring a few of their past clients to gauge their experience. If they don’t want to provide you with a list of past clients and do not have an online portfolio then this should trigger alarm bells. Only credible, confident and sound designers will be able to provide this to you. To see a great example of a testimonial have a look at what we have put on our website: http://www.hoppingmad.com.au/web-design-work/website-design/karmee-coffee/
- Can you help us out with the printing? You designer should have a good relationship with at least a few printers. I know that at Hopping Mad Designs we work with a few different printers, each of which specialise in different print standards. We have the quick and budget printers that we use for CMYK printing and the hi end printers for the more complicated print projects. A good point to note is that your designer should have a complete and thorough understanding of the print process and be able to advice you on paper stocks, inks and new printing technologies and ideas. Design is only one component of the process, the print procedure can make or break a job and if done correctly will have a great impact on all marketing material. With each design job you should be issued a proof to sign off on prior to commencing the actual print. Mistakes can and do happen and it is a good designer that will want you to eyeball this proof.
- What areas does your work cover? Some companies cover only one area of design. They might only work on brand management and some studios might focus on marketing and advertising collateral. Ideally you should be looking for a graphic design studio that encompasses the whole spectrum of ‘below the line’ marketing. A studio that offers this is probably your best bet.
If you would like to work with Hopping Mad Designs for your next design project then call 02 9360 8514 or contact us here.
Design. Function. Performance.
• Customised, original design
• Websites that perform
• Content you can manage
Creating. Communicating. Selling.
• Clear communication
• Strong and creative design
• Effective execution
Original. Creative. Powerful.
• Bespoke design creations
• Reflective of your brand
Creative. Impact. Sales.
• Conceptual design
• Copywriting that performs
• Design that sells
Forefront. Customised. Precise.
• Leading-edge technology
• Content management
• Budget conscious
Logic. Function. Performance.
• Consumer engaging
• Delivering conversions
• Customised solutions
Easy. To. Use.
• Robust, stable environment
• Flexible solutions
• Working for you
Research. Traffic. Results.
• Page 1 rankings
• Content development
• Social media management